IPFire is a Linux distro which promises easy installation, nice handling capability and a high level of security. It operates through an intuitive web-based interface that is offered for beginners and professionals. It is maintained by developers concerned about security. Know more about the 2 releases...
Core Update 56 for IPFire 2.11 has been released. It is mainly a bug-fix and security update.
The new features include
- Images that automatically scale up the partitions at first boot.
- Fixed baud rate on flash images
- Reloads static routes after connecting to the internet.
- Allows “:” character in configuration settings
- Fixed changing passwords of proxy users.
- Fixed block device detection for graphs and other scripts
- Fixed starting/stopping errors in the openvpn-control binary for net-to-net connections
PCLinuxOS KDE and KDE-MiniME 2012.02 have been released. These are 32 bit quarterly update isos that can also be installed on 64 bit computers.
The new update features
- Kernel 184.108.40.206bfs kernel for maximum desktop performance.
- Full KDE 4.6.5 Desktop
- Nvidia and ATI fglrx driver support
- Multimedia playback support for many popular formats
- Wireless support for many network devices
- Printer support for many local and networked printer devices